Use these low cost strategies to make your Low Country home more appealing to potential buyers. Effective staging can add 7% to the sales price of a home!
1. Obvious as it may seem, mow the lawn and trim the bushes - especially the ones that block your windows and diminish sunlight.
2. Purchase a new doormat.
3. Add a bright pot of flowers (or even a small evergreen in winter) on your front porch.
4. Replace any old, tarnished doorknobs on your doors and polish or replace your house numbers.
5. Power-wash your driveway, sidewalk, and the exterior siding of your home.
6. Edge the grass around walks and trees plus add fresh mulch to your planting beds.
7. Purchase a new mailbox.
8. Upgrade the outdoor lighting for a feeling of safety (yes, buyers drive by your home at night too) and to add dramatic effect.
9. Clean your gutters.
10. Place a seasonal wreath on your front door.
Bonus suggestions: Have quiet, soft, soothing music playing throughout the home when buyers arrive. Solo piano is perfect.
Pay close attention to how your home is lit when buyers arrive. Leave the best lighting arrangement on so buyers can better appreciate your home.
A little bowl by the front door with candy Kisses and a sweet Thank You note goes a long way!
Mount Pleasant and Greater Charleston Home Selling Made Easier!
There are many details to be handled during the sale of your home; preparation of your home, staging, pricing, negotiating offers and inspections to name a few. With Rebecc Gooden Real Estate Services, you can breathe easier knowing every detail will be handled on your behalf to your complete satisfaction.